Saturday, March 16

Thoughts for life, in Blog Latin

Blogito, ergo sum. ('I blog, therefore I am.' Or perhaps 'I blogitate, therefore I am.')
With apologies to Descartes.

Blogeamus igitur, juvenes dum sumus . . . ('Therefore let us blog, while we are young . . .')
A latter-day version of the well-known student song of German origin (first line: Gaudeamus igitur, juvenes dum sumus -- 'Therefore let us rejoice, while we are young') traditionally sung in universities throughout Europe. The first verse goes on: Post jucundam juventutem / Post molestam senectutem / Nos habebit humus (loosely translated: 'After the pleasures of youth and the miseries of old age, we shall bite the dust.')

Qui me amat, amet et blogem meum -- 'Love me, love my blog.' (Qui me amat, amet et canem meum, Latin proverb -- '. . . my dog.')